Take part in the Cyber Summit 2016. Let's join the Greater Awareness Effort
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). As the countdown to NCSAM begins, the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the co-founders and co-leaders of NCSAM, along with companies around the globe, are working to improve digital citizens' awareness of the basic steps needed to stay safer and more secure online. On October 14, the FedEx Institute of Technology at the University of Memphis is hosting NCSAM's 10th annual Cyber Security Summit. This event will bring together representatives from the private sector, research, and government agencies, including NSA, FBI and DHS. The event is open to the public. The panels for this event will include a discussion on creating a cybersecurity culture in the workplace and on the challenges of risk mitigation in the age of the Internet of Things.
The general public will get the opportunity to meet some of the nation's leading security professionals and take part in dynamic and informative presentations.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Jasbir Dhaliwal, Executive Director, FedEx Institute of Technology at the University of Memphis
- Denise Wood, FedEx Corporate Vice President, Information Security and Corporate Systems
- Brent Nair, Chief Information Officer for the City of Memphis
- Dr. Andy Ozment, Assistant Secretary for Cyber Security and Communications, U. S. Department of Homeland Security
- Michael Kaiser, Executive Director, National Cyber Security Alliance
- John C. (Chris) Inglis, U.S. Naval Academy Professor and FedEx Executive Board Member
- Senior Special Agent Matthew Stephenson, United States Secret Service
- Tim Marsh, Special Agent, FBI Memphis Division
- Brian Elrod, Chief Information Security Officer & Director, Network and Telecom, St. Jude Children's Hospital
- Dr. Richard White, Cyber Security Architect, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Jeff Greene, Manager of Information Security, International Paper
- Greg Dennis, Group Technology Lead, Communications Media and Technology Operating Group, Accenture
Cyber Summit 2016: New Cyber Threats and Counterintelligence is a day-long event whose goal is to educate the public – including consumers, small businesses and organizations of all sizes – on how to stay safer and more secure online. Presentations and discussions will focus on enhancing cybersecurity practices in the workplace, the growing threat of ransomware and the cybersecurity challenges inherent in the Internet of Things. The full agenda can be viewed here.
- WHEN: Friday, October 14, 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. CDT
- WHERE: The University of Memphis FedEx Institute of Technology 365 Innovation Drive Memphis, TN 38152
To learn more about the Cyber Summit, please visit here.
Header photo by BCG Mag download it now.